Christ the Lord commanded his followers to make disciples of all nations, by teaching them to obey all that he commanded. Matthew 28:20.
He gave to the church pastor/teachers to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up, until we all reach unity the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the full measure of the fullness of Christ. Ephesians 4:11.
We can go on to maturity only if the foundation is laid in our lives. Hebrews 6:1.
THE PURPOSE OF THE NOVITIATE
The purpose of the novitiate is to establish the foundation in our lives.
The purpose of the self-evaluation is to help those in oversight know of your progress in having the foundation laid.
On a scale of 1-5 (weak to strong) please evaluate how you are doing in each of the following. Use the other side of this paper to make comments and explanations.
- Diligently reading the Bible ______
- Memorizing the psalms ______
- Memorizing scripture ______
- Personal/family devotions/and attending the worship services ______
- Trusting and obeying God for my personal needs ______
- Walking in the spirit and having the fruit of the Spirit ______
- Understanding the Westminster Standards ______
- Understanding our distinctives: clarity, the goal, psalmody ______
- Other studies: scripture, applications, general revelation ______
- Duties and responsibilities in home ______
- Duties and responsibilities in work ______
- Duties and responsibilities in church ______
- Continuing witness already begun ______
- Witness to non-believers ______
- Witness to other believers ______